- Destination: Montserrat Natural Park (approx. 60km from Barcelona)
- Duration: 1 day
- Availability: from March – July, 15th/ September, 15th – November
- Departure dates: Every Saturday (contact us if you wish to do the Meditation & Hiking experience on another day)
- Meditation session: approx. 1h (depending on the meditation level of the group)
Get inside our air-conditioned transfer vehicle and relax on the journey to Montserrat, a wondrous, craggy mountain that towers over the city of Barcelona. As you travel, listen to our guide sharing fascinating stories about the region and its history and learn about the great benefits of meditation from our yoga teacher.
We will start our hike in the most natural and little-known area of Montserrat: Les Agulles. The first part of the hike will be a meditative walk based on Buddhist tradition.
In walking meditation we use the experience of walking as our focus. We become mindful of our experience while walking, and try to keep our awareness involved in every step, sound and sensation.
On a very special spot, we will connect on an even deeper level with Montserrat´s energy and enjoy our meditation session. The practice will be guided by our yoga teacher helping you to connect with yourself by observing your breath, repeating a special mantra silently or using visualizations. At the end of the meditation, we will chant a mantra together connecting our true self with the surroundings and the group.
We will find a peaceful place to rest, pause and connect with nature by enjoying our delicious vegetarian food package. We will receive a short lecture about mindful eating, the importance of food and the connection of food & energy for our own wellbeing and happiness.
During the hike, we will also create together a natural Mandala. According to Tibetan culture, the creation of Mandalas have great benefits: from emotional to health, from mental clarity to spiritual growth.
After hiking, you will receive a short session for stretching your muscles and ligaments to feel completely relaxed after your meditation & hiking experience.
Before we go back to Barcelona, there is the option to stop at Montserrat Monastery, where we will visit the Benedictine abbey of Santa Maria de Montserrat, one of Spain’s most important pilgrimage sites. See the famous 12th-century carving, Our Lady of Montserrat, also known as La Moreneta (the Dark One).
When the time comes, we get back inside your air-conditioned transfer vehicle and return to Barcelona, where your tour concludes back at the original departure point.
With a relaxed body & mind and you can enjoy the rest of your days in and around Barcelona.
Note: you will see typical flora of the area and the special geological phenomenon of the mountain range. Depending on the group’s fitness and skill the tour will be adapted and we can make longer or shorter hikes. From any point, you’ll enjoy breathtaking impressions of the nature surroundings of Montserrat.
Food and Beverages*:
- Tea and Water
- Fresh fruits and nuts
- Ayurvedic-oriented, vegetarian lunch package with salad & dessert
* In case you have an allergy or special diet, we are happy to adapt the food according to your needs.
3 to 15 people, contact us for private tours or groups of more than 15 people
- Official registered mountain guide
- Private transport from and back to Barcelona
- Certified yoga teacher
- Meditation session
- Visit of the Montserrat Abbey
- Hike around Montserrat Natural Park
- Accident insurance, health assistance
- Healthy, vegetarian food
- Water and Tea
- Free use of backpack, yoga mats, water bottles and mini fridge
- Transportation fees to Barcelona
Recommendations what to bring:
- Footwear with rugged soles
- Polar fleece or similar warm layer during colder season
- Sun protection